How do you create a Collaborative Classroom?
There’s no need to reappraise the whole curriculum. Project-Based Learning can easily be incorporated into every day teaching. Indeed, this is already proven in many innovative independent schools who have adopted a more project-based approach for their students. The key is to teach in an environment that fosters collaboration to enable students to work effectively together.
The Nureva Span Solution
Introduce the right technological solution into the learning environment that complements evolving teaching methods and supports the ideal interactive setup. The Nureva™ Span™ visual collaboration system makes it so easy for students to work together effectively. It’s a natural fit for educators embracing Project-Based Learning. The unique combination of cloud-based canvases, contribution from devices and expansive displays creates the ideal environment for collaborative learning
A PBL approach, particularly in Higher Education, demands the use of course content combined with more focus on experiential learning. PBL’s interdisciplinary nature means, students learn invaluable critical reasoning, research and collaborative skills on top of the specific subject knowledge. See them engage through questioning, resulting in a significant refinement in the student’s conceptual understanding and reasoning abilities.
How does it work?
- The Nureva™ Span™ system creates a cloud-based collaboration space for idea generation, problem-solving and student-led learning.
- The solution offers an expansive digital canvas that can be accessed as easily on your walls as from a device in your hand.
- Large interactive walls are created by the system’s panoramic SSI projectors – in either ultrawide 16:6 or full-HD 16:9 formats.
- Canvases are automatically saved and can be easily exported at any time as PDF or Excel® files.
Why the Nureva Span System?
IMPROVE YOUR STUDENT OUTCOMES WITH SPAN
The beauty of Span is that it marries the value of individual reflection and creation with the advantages of combining those contributions in a large, shared visual space.
Students see the topic from different perspectives and build on each other’s ideas. It’s a rich combination of interaction and engagement. Whether engaged in real-world problem solving or one-off hour-long projects, students can use Span to visualise how to turn their ideas into big accomplishments.
- Share ideas on the canvas for group discussion, critical analysis and problem solving
- Collaborate using Smartphones and tablets, laptops, Chromebooks™ and other computers
- Encourage creativity as students work together to define problems and devise solutions
- Make thinking visible with notes, sketches and images – giving educators the ability to assess the understanding, process and progress